liberty punk
"the irony of the information age is that it's given new respectability to uninformed opinion."


Monday, May 03, 2004  

More Silly Shit That Has Crossed My Mind

The other day, I popped 'A Fistful of Dollars', a fantastic film with a now-legendary score by Ennio Morricone, into my trusy DVD player. My intention was to compare it to Akira Kurosawa's 'Yojimbo,' the 1961 Western-styled samurai film on which 'Dollars' was based, since I had just watched 'Yojimbo' a few days before.

Anyway, my point is this: I don't know how to pronounce "Morricone."

My other point is that the movie I put in after 'Dollars' was 1994's 'Wolf,' starring Jack Nicholson and Michelle Pfeiffer (and James "Always Plays A Dude Who Is Weird About Sex" Spader), and guess who wrote the music for this one? That's right: Ennio Morricone.

Small world!

So is it "Morrie-cone?" Or "Morri-cone-ey?" "Morrichoney?" I want to be able to throw his name around like I'm cool, but I need to know how to pronounce it first, or else the opposite effect will be achieved.

posted by geoff | 5:23 PM |
archives
links
bands
hehe, etc.
Site Meter