liberty punk
"the irony of the information age is that it's given new respectability to uninformed opinion."


Wednesday, December 31, 2003  

New Year's Eve, 2003

To paraphrase myself, from almost exactly one year ago today:

Where are the goddamn hoverboards, Zemeckis? You've got until 2015 to give us the frigging hoverboards. I'm gonna hound you every New Years because, well... I want me one.

Or, to quote Lewis Black: "It's 2003! Why can't I teleport?"

Yeah, why? Come on, scientists. Whatever, I've seen the invisiblity coat and the instant liquid armor, and the force fields for tanks, and all that stuff's pretty great, but I think it's high time we started teleporting our asses to and from work, because the NJ Transit buses are pretty fucking unreliable these days.

(And no, I will not consider the implications of an unreliable NJ Teletransit teleporter. Maybe I want some extra arms, or a single super-strong leg. Or spider DNA. Or seven kinds of cancer.)

Just gimme the teleport.

posted by geoff | 12:57 PM |
archives
links
bands
hehe, etc.
Site Meter