liberty punk
"the irony of the information age is that it's given new respectability to uninformed opinion."


Tuesday, November 11, 2003  

A Question For All You Musicians Out There

Alright, so when you're in a band, and you're playing lead guitar, or say, bass, or keyboards maybe, and one of your jobs is to sing backup vocals, and you're supposed to harmonize with the lead singer... how do you not just sing the lead singer's part instead of your harmony part? I can imagine trying to sing a backup vocal in harmony, and I can imagine thinking about how cool it'll sound with two voices singing different but harmonious notes, and forgetting that it's my job to provide the secondary, non-lead, harmonious notes, and instead just singing what the lead singer sings also...

...like it'll be better that way, or something.

How do you do it?

How is it done? I think I would fail horribly at that.

posted by geoff | 12:28 AM |
archives
links
bands
hehe, etc.
Site Meter