liberty punk
"the irony of the information age is that it's given new respectability to uninformed opinion."


Thursday, October 23, 2003  

Halloween, I Sing Of Thee

In honor of what is probably now my favorite holiday coming up, I wanna record a cover of some kind of at-least-vaguely Halloween-themed song, and post it here in hopes of driving people away from my site because I sing like a drugged coyote after a vocal chord scraping.

Since I am obsessed with zombies, right now it's a tossup between the Eyeliners' 'Do The Zombie' from Here Comes Trouble and Screeching Weasel's 'Zombie' from Boogada Boogada Boogada.

The Eyeliners song might be tougher, because it's originally sung by a gal. Though the lyrics do not include anything like "I love making out with hot, sweaty boys," (which I figure would be kind of awkward for me to sing, despite my being secure in my masculinity and all, and I'm not keen on the idea of changing pronouns in songs anyway, because it's distracting if you know the original), it still might be hard to transpose the key (or whatever) of the higher-pitched voice to something that would fit within my own shitty vocal range. It also has some lead-y guitar interludes, and I am a dolt when it comes to playing loose, lead-y parts.

I dunno. Any suggestions, recommendations, tips, criticisms, picks for Best Atari 2600 Game, or public bathroom horror stories you wanna share? Leave 'em in the comments. Hey Todd and David, you should get in on the Halloween-song-recording action, too.

posted by geoff | 2:56 PM |
archives
links
bands
hehe, etc.
Site Meter