liberty punk
"the irony of the information age is that it's given new respectability to uninformed opinion."


Tuesday, June 24, 2003  

St. Anger

Have any of you heard Metallica's new album? I'm not a huge Metallica fan, nor am I a huge metal fan in general (I own Master of Puppets on CD. That's pretty much it).

I was flipping through the channels last night, and I came across a music video. It appeared to be a rock video, because there were people playing guitars and drums and they seemed to be kicking out the ol' jams, etc., so I kept it on to see what it was all about. After a minute, I was convinced that there was something wrong with the TV, sound-wise, and that only part of the mix was coming through the TV speakers. Then I realized that the band was Metallica, and the song was "St. Anger," off the same-titled new record. And that there was nothing wrong with the TV speakers.

It sounded like Lars was hitting a fucking coffee can with a pencil. Wasn't this the record that they supposedly spent ALL that extra time on in the studio, getting it to sound EXACTLY how they wanted?

What's wrong with them? Seriously, I'm confused.

posted by geoff | 10:24 AM |
archives
links
bands
hehe, etc.
Site Meter