liberty punk
"the irony of the information age is that it's given new respectability to uninformed opinion."


Tuesday, May 13, 2003  

Heads Up

The Alkaline Trio are gonna be on Conan O'Brien tonight (Tuesday the 13th).

Set yer VCRs!

UPDATE - The Next Day:

Here's a screen capture from my tape of said appearance. They played 'All On Black' from the new record. I'll see if I can get an mp3 of this up here later today; the audio mix was really kinda interesting: lots of kick drum, and very punchy, up-front bass (Danny played his mint-green GPC signature bass, which is as beautiful as Michael Moore is disgusting, and which I lust after in the same way that I lust after seeing Michael Moore at the end of a rope).

UPDATE - Again:
To give you some idea of the odds that are stacked against me in my day-to-day fight against going batshit crazy-- Matt's guitar had a punkvoter.com sticker on it.

A god. Damn. Punkvoter. Dot com. Sticker.

Catching this little detail while watching the video again was like finding a thousand-dollar bill in the road and then having a guy run up to you and say "HAHA THAT MONEY IS COVERED IN SARS AND NOW YOU WILL BE VERY SICK!"

Repeat, to myself, over and over: "they're only a band. they're only a band. buying their cd does not cast a vote for the democrats."

Dammit all, though.

posted by geoff | 2:42 PM |
archives
links
bands
hehe, etc.
Site Meter