liberty punk "the irony of the information age is that it's given new respectability to uninformed opinion."
Thursday, May 01, 2003
Let's have us a lil' recap here:
- Celebrities speak out against the war.
- Moviegoers and music buyers use their dollars, and the internet, to speak out against what the celebrities say. They start up some websites, like boycott-hollywood.com, to voice their disapproval.
- Celebrities complain of being silenced, and accuse everyone else of taking away their First Amendment rights. They compare the situation to what the Nazis would do, sometimes vaguely, sometimes directly.
- Fans say, "Zuh? Read the Constitution again. And lay off the Nazi comparisons."
- Celebrities don't bother.
- Lawyers have boycott-hollywood.com shut down.